TRS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that TRS will use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data Privacy: Information You Provide
TRS receives and stores any information you enter on the site including, but not limited to:
- Name and Organization
- Contact address including email address
- Other information relevant to subscription to the Tobacco Regulatory Science Journal
TRS will also obtain credit card information for payments related to publication fees. Our online payment processes are PCI Compliant to ensure further data security and safety.
How Does TRS Use Information?
TRS uses the information you provide and TRS collects to:
- Administer, maintain and improve the website and its operation;
- Verify your identity and respond to your requests for information;
- Comply with applicable laws, statutes, and regulations;
- Enforce the terms and our rights and the rights of others
To Whom Does TRS Disclose Information?
TRS does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties, except as described below:
- With third parties that perform functions on TRSs behalf, such as subscription to the journal and third-party tools such as Manuscript Manager for manuscript submissions and providing reviews.
- As you have otherwise agreed
If you wish to view your Personal Information and/or to delete or modify your personal information from our records, you may do so by contacting us.
TRS reserves the right to verify the identity of any person making such a request, provided that TRS shall have no liability whatsoever resulting from false or erroneous requests.
The website has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under TRS’s control. While TRS strives to protect your personal information, TRS cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information or data. Communication via the Internet is not failsafe, and there is always a possibility that data may be lost or intercepted by unauthorized parties, during transmission or after receipt. You agree that TRS shall have no liability whatsoever in connection with any lost or intercepted data or information.