Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
- Sociodemographic Disparities in Cigarette Warning Effectiveness in Lebanon
- Initial Development of an E-cigarette Purchase Task: A Mixed Methods Study
- Texas Adolescent Tobacco and Marketing Surveillance System’s Design
- Flavored Tobacco Product Use among Youth and Young Adults: What if Flavors Didn’t Exist?
- Using the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS) to Assess Product Availability, Price Promotions, and Messaging in New Hampshire Vape Shop Retailers
- The Cigarette and Smokeless Tobacco Markets in Texas Relative to the United States
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Smoke-free Policy in Philadelphia Public Housing
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Biomarker Levels among Smokers who Switch to Oral Nicotine
- Recall of E-cigarette Advertisements and Adolescent E-cigarette Use
- The Advertising Strategies of Early E-cigarette Brand Leaders in the United States
- Consequences of Inconsistency in Air Force Tobacco Control Policy
- Perceptions of the Food and Drug Administration as a Tobacco Regulator
Items from the April 2017 Cigar Supplement, of the Journal
- Cigar Use Symposium: Epidemiology, Toxicant Exposure, Health and Policy Implications
- Changes in the Mass-merchandise Cigar Market since the Tobacco Control Act
- Flavored Cigar Misperceptions and Uncertainty: Identifying At-risk Smokers
- Smoking Behavior and Smoke Constituents from Cigarillos and Little Cigars
- FDA Regulation of Cigars under the Final “Deeming” Rule
- Reasons for Cigarillo Initiation and Cigarillo Manipulation Methods among Adolescents
- Correlates of Cigar Use by Type and Flavor among US Young Adults: 2011-2015
- Dual Use of Cigarettes, Little Cigars, Cigarillos, and Large Cigars: Smoking Topography and Toxicant Exposure
- Compliance with a Sales Policy on Flavored Non-cigarette Tobacco Products
- The Use of Flavored Cigars to Smoke Marijuana in a Sample of US Adults Co-using Cigarettes and Marijuana
- Surveillance of Nicotine and pH in Cigarette and Cigar Filler
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
New in Tobacco Regulatory Science, Volume 3, Number 2, April 2017, pp. 192-203(12): Drs. Kassen et al. report that implementing second-hand smoke policy in multi-family housing units can lead to reduced second-hand smoke exposure. The
An important new publication was released by the University of Victoria, and it provides a thorough analysis and very reasoned interpretation on ENDS products. Here is a link to the summary: https://www.uvic.ca/home/about/campus-news/2017+e-cigarettes-carbc-macdonald-stockwell+media-release
This study in Science provides added information on the causal pathway between tobacco exposure and cancer. It's a reminder that the mechanisms are potent and profound... http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6312/618 Mutational signatures associated with tobacco smoking in human
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- Loose those extra kilos as obesity is more dangerous than diabetesThe team found the greatest number of preventable life-years lost was due to obesity, diabetes, tobacco use, high blood pressure and high cholesterol ...
- British American Tobacco plc (BATS) Insider Jack Bowles Sells 43400 SharesBritish American Tobacco plc logo British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) insider Jack Bowles sold 43,400 shares of British American Tobacco plc ...
- Tobacco products easily available near Golden Temple, 8 challanedEven after strict instructions to the administration to impose a strict ban on sale of tobacco products inside the walled city which hosts many Sikh ...
- Smoking likely to kill 200 million people in ChinaChina is the largest producer and consumer of tobacco on the planet with 315 million smokers and 44 per cent of the world's cigarettes smoked in the ...
- Insider Selling: British American Tobacco plc (BATS) Insider Sells 23172 Shares of StockBritish American Tobacco plc logo British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) insider Jack Bowles sold 23,172 shares of British American Tobacco plc ...
- Editorial: Three cheers for arts, cadets and healthy livesCHEERS: To Sullivan County for becoming the latest in the state to bar the sale of tobacco products to anyone under the age of 21. Legislature ...
- Turkmenistan's anti-tobacco drive causes cigarette prices going upHowever, the price for tobacco products is three times as much. If a pack of cigarettes costs about 20 manats in state-run stores, privately-owned shops ...
- Tobacco transplant updateTobacco greenhouse visits over the past couple of weeks revealed tobacco transplants are good overall. Small white spots can be found on scattered ...
- For health of tobacco farmersKT&G Executive Managing Director Kim Young-ki, center, poses with Korea Tobacco Growers Organization Chairman Kim Sam-soo, left, and Tobacco ...
- Republican House members propose ID law for undocumented immigrantsThe bill would include a provision that limits penalties for underage purchases of alcohol and tobacco products. Violations for underage purchase of ...
- Blackburn store boss in fake cigarettes bustWeeks later the same officials visited Ismail Issat's Cheaper Market, in Manxman Road, and discovered 600 fake cigarettes and 850 grams of tobacco ...
- Vaping gaining popularity among teens in Butte CountyEllen Michels, Butte County Public Health education specialist, speaks to Chico students about the prevalence of tobacco advertising during a Kids ...
- Scientists find way to generate spider's silk from plantsThe researchers tried to mimic this by purifying the silk proteins from the tobacco plants and treating them with an acid and a chemical called ...
- Grover Norquist: Trump keeping promise to 'drain the swamp' by dismissing anti-vaping surgeon ...Regular tobacco cigarettes leave behind harmful tar. E-cigarettes only simulate the act of smoking tobacco, turning liquid nicotine into an inhalable ...
- BNP Paribas Reiterates "GBX 6000" Price Target for British American Tobacco plc (BATS)British American Tobacco plc logo BNP Paribas set a GBX 6,000 ($75.52) price target on British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) in a report ...
- Tobacco age increase stalled as Osage Beach board splits on opinionA move to increase the age for the use and possession of tobacco products and e-cigarettes in Osage Beach ran into a roadblock last week, forcing ...
- Even as crops change, generations stay rooted in family farmThat's how it is with farming, whether it's row crops, cotton and tobacco, which seven previous generations of Adamses grew on the farm starting in the ...
- What are demerit goods?Examples of demerit goods include tobacco, alcoholic beverages, recreational drugs, gambling, junk food and prostitution. Because of the nature of ...
- Heart attack rates in Calgary plummet dramatically in wake of tobacco bansAlberta Health Services and the University of Lethbridge have developed an in-depth resource to teach students the risks of tobacco use and learn ...
- Bay smokes $90m in taxesThis meant that of the $1.7 billion the Government received in the last financial year from tobacco taxes, Bay smokers contributed an estimated $89.8m ...