Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 4, Number 1, January 2018
- Receptivity of Young Adult Hookah Users to Health Warning Labels
- Use Behaviors, Dependence, and Nicotine Exposure Associated with Ad Libitum Cigar Smoking (Open Access)
- Effects of E-cigarette Advertising Messages and Cues on Cessation Outcomes (Open Access)
- Acceptability of SPECTRUM Research Cigarettes among Participants in Trials of Reduced Nicotine Content Cigarettes
- Plasma Menthol Glucuronide as a Biomarker of Acute Menthol Inhalation
- Cigarette Design Features: Effects on Emission Levels, User Perception, and Behavior (Open Access)
- Battery Safety Information and Warnings on E-cigarette Packages and Online (Open Access)
- Characteristics of the Tobacco User Adult Cohort in Urban and Rural Ohio
- Smokers’ Attention to Point-of-Sale Antismoking Ads: An Eye-tracking Study
- Real Time Assessment of Young Adults’ Attitudes toward Tobacco Messages
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 1, January 2018 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
Can Flavors and Messaging Impact E-Cigarette Abuse Liability? Maybe says new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A paper published by investigators at Virginia Commonwealth University in Tobacco Regulatory Science explored whether the effects of flavor access and product messaging of e-cigarettes is comparable to cigarettes. In a series of controlled studies,
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- BC premier says pot smokers may face same rules as cigarette smokersPremier John Horgan answers questions during a year end interview at his office at Legislature in Victoria, B.C., on Tuesday, December 12, 2017. Premier John Horgan says marijuana users in British Columbia could face the same rules as those who smoke tobacco in public. THE CANADIAN ...
- Government Torpedoes Bill to Raise Age Limit on Cigarette SalesThe bill, named “Tobacco 21,” had been put forward by Likud MK Yehudah Glick. The bill would have forbidden selling cigarettes to anyone under age 21, up from the current 18. Glick had threatened not to vote for coalition bills including the minimarket bill if the tobacco bill was not advanced, arguing ...
- Governor trumpets reduction of developmental disability waiting list via Tobacco Settlement FundGov. Hutchinson spoke before the state's Tobacco Settlement Commission's quarterly meeting today, trumpeting his effort to redirect some of the unused tobacco settlement money to reduce the number of people stuck on a waiting list for a Medicaid waiver program that provides home- and ...
- Coalition proposes $1.50 hike in Iowa's tobacco taxA coalition of 19 groups is calling on Iowa's governor and legislators to more than double the state tax on tobacco products. Stacy Freelund, the state government relations director for the American Heart Association, said Iowa's tobacco tax ranks 29th among the states and hasn't been raised in a decade ...
- Congress raises tax on fuel, cars, tobaccoTOBACCO TAX Farmers call for the proper use of the excise tax on tobacco,which was placed at P32.50 per pack effective Jan. 1, 2018, to June 30, 2018, under the tax reform deal approved by the Senate-House conference committee. The tax would go up to P35 effective July 1, 2018, to Dec. 31, 2019 ...
- Stalled state push doesn't discourage local efforts to up age for tobacco purchaseALBANY — In one New York county after another, anti-smoking activists are urging local governments to raise the minimum age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21. The move comes at a time when the State Legislature has considered increasing the age at which people may make such purchases ...
- Haberman Wins AOR Duties for ClearWay Minnesota, Launches 'Big Tobacco Lied' CampaignClearWay Minnesota, “an independent nonprofit organization that improves the health of all Minnesotans by reducing tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke,” has named Haberman as its agency of record. Haberman will be tasked with overseeing marketing strategy and advertising duties for ...
- Revenue seizes 20000 cigarettes in Cork and tobacco in KerryRevenue officers seized 20,000 cigarettes, 1.5 kg of tobacco and a car in which these were being transported when the vehicle was stopped and searched near Watergrasshill, Co Cork, on Tuesday. In a follow-up search conducted at a house in Killarney, Co Kerry, and with the help of a detector dog a ...
- Customs seize 6kg of illicit tobacco at airportSix kilos of tobacco, in 120 50g packets, for which duty had not been paid were found in the luggage of a British passport holder departing from Larnaca airport to London on Tuesday. According to an announcement by the customs department, they were not labelled as harmful in Greek and Turkish, ...
- Up In Smoke: What Happened to the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement Money?Under the agreement, the tobacco companies would make payments, forever, to state governments. These would cover the costs of smoking-related illnesses. The amount paid by the tobacco companies would directly correlate to the number of cigarettes sold—the more cigarettes sold, the more money ...
- Smoking Cessation Treatment in Mental Illness EffectiveSAN DIEGO, California ― Headway is being made in the treatment of tobacco dependence in psychiatric and substance abuse patients, owing to a better understanding of the safety and efficacy of therapeutic strategies. Even so, the problem of tobacco dependence is often omitted from psychiatric ...
- Are Analysts Bullish about British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) after last week?Among 22 analysts covering British American Tobacco PLC (LON:BATS), 12 have Buy rating, 3 Sell and 7 Hold. Therefore 55% are positive. British American Tobacco PLC had 243 analyst reports since July 24, 2015 according to SRatingsIntel. The company was maintained on Wednesday, April 19 by ...
- Tobacco settlement money used to provide services to 200 Arkansans with disabilitiesMoney from Arkansas' tobacco settlement fund has helped provide services to about 200 people with developmental disabilities who were on a waiting list for home-based help with daily living tasks, state officials said Tuesday. Another 300 people out of the 3,000 who were on the waiting list are also ...
- Can Branding Bans and Health Warnings Jump to Soda and Candy?Yet, if the kinds of tobacco-packaging restrictions that led to generic labeling of cigarettes in other countries happens in the United States, that's exactly the situation that may arise, according to one tobacco manufacturer. “The consumer will pay a premium for brand names like Rolls-Royce, Coca-Cola or ...
- Cash, cigarettes, tobacco and car seized by Revenue in Cork and KerryRevenue officers, supported by gardai, stopped and searched a car near Watergrasshill in Cork earlier today. They seized 20,000 cigarettes, 1.5kgs of tobacco and the car. A follow-up search was conducted at a house in Killarney. with the help of a detector dog. A further 4.5kgs of tobacco was seized, ...
- Health vs. business: Mahoney weighs decision on raising age for buying tobacco to 21SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A lung cancer surgeon told Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney today she "owes it to our youth" to sign a proposed law raising the age to buy tobacco in the county to 21. A convenience store owner urged her to veto the proposal because it will hurt his business and benefit ...
- Is Meat the New Tobacco? What a Meat Tax Means for the PlanetBut while the meat tax aims at curbing the industry's impact on our climate, it may most mirror the tobacco tax in helping move people toward a healthier diet and lifestyle. Studies have found diets high in animal-based products are more often linked to increased risks of preventable diseases like heart ...
- British American Tobacco named as a top employer in Asia-PacificBritish American Tobacco has earned the Top Employer Asia-Pacific seal of recognition, in addition to being certified as a Top Employer in five countries: Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Russia and Malaysia. The annual international research undertaken by the Top Employers Institute recognises leading ...
- British American Tobacco Named as a Top Employer in Asia PacificDavid Plink, CEO of the Top Employers Institute, said: “British American Tobacco belongs to a very exclusive global community of Top Employers and it's continuously showing great achievements. In 2017 it was certified – for the seventh consecutive year - as Top Employers Europe. Recently, it has ...
- Revenue seizes cash, cigarettes, tobacco and carToday (December 12th), Revenue officers, supported by An Garda Síochána, seized 20,000 cigarettes, 1.5kgs of tobacco and the car in which they were transported, when it was stopped and searched near Watergrasshill, Co Cork. In a follow-up search under warrant conducted at a house in Killarney, ...