Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
- The Importance of Filter Collection for Accurate Measurement of Cigarette Smoking
- International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and Cambridge Filter Test (CFT) Smoking Regimen Data Comparisons in Tobacco Product Marketing Applications
- A Novel Method for Evaluating the Acceptability of Substitutes for Cigarettes: The Experimental Tobacco Marketplace (Open Access)
- Mentoring for Success in Tobacco Regulatory Science: A Qualitative Study
- Nicotine and E-cigarette Beliefs and Policy Support among US Smokers and Nonsmokers
- Constituent Variations in Smokeless Tobacco Purchased in Mumbai, India
- Electronic Cigarette Use among American Indian Youth (Open Access)
- Point-of-Sale Scanner Data for Rapid Surveillance of the E-cigarette Market
- Adolescent and Young Adult Perceptions on Cigar Packaging: A Qualitative Study
- Counterfeit Electronic Cigarette Products with Mislabeled Nicotine Concentrations (Open Access)
- Parent Attitudes toward Screening for Tobacco Exposure at Well-child Visits
- Perceived Flavored Smokeless Tobacco Ease-of-use and Youth Susceptibility
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
New in Tobacco Regulatory Science, Volume 3, Number 2, April 2017, pp. 192-203(12): Drs. Kassen et al. report that implementing second-hand smoke policy in multi-family housing units can lead to reduced second-hand smoke exposure. The
An important new publication was released by the University of Victoria, and it provides a thorough analysis and very reasoned interpretation on ENDS products. Here is a link to the summary: https://www.uvic.ca/home/about/campus-news/2017+e-cigarettes-carbc-macdonald-stockwell+media-release
This study in Science provides added information on the causal pathway between tobacco exposure and cancer. It's a reminder that the mechanisms are potent and profound... http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6312/618 Mutational signatures associated with tobacco smoking in human
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- The Mid-State Fair banned smoking. But with marijuana on the rise, will that rule last?The nicotine in the vaping liquid is like the nicotine in tobacco — it can be addictive. Smokers and vapers may develop strong nicotine cravings and ...
- Supreme Court Won't Take Up RJ Reynolds Age Discrimination CaseR.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., could have a broad impact on the rights of older workers and the responsibilities of employers. The decision was the latest ...
- San Francisco Aims To Ban Flavored Tobacco, Menthol CigarettesIf ordinance becomes law, San Francisco would become the first city to approve a sales ban on flavored tobacco. San Francisco has introduced an ...
- Smokeless Makes a ComebackThe last time there was so much chatter in the industry about smokeless tobacco was when the two largest American cigarette manufacturers acquired ...
- New data on tobacco in Cayuga County released60 percent of county residents would support a policy prohibiting the sale of tobacco at county pharmacies, which is in line with the 10-county regional ...
- Tobacco retailers getting new cabinets ahead of display banWith slightly more than a month before a ban on the display of tobacco products for sale starts, many retailers - including provision shops and ...
- U Set to Become Tobacco-Free CampusOver the next year, the University of Utah will join nearly 1,800 other tobacco or smoke-free colleges and universities across the United States.
- Japan Government's Anti-Smoking Message Undercut by Massive Tobacco IncomeOpponents of an indoor smoking ban point out the hypocrisy of an anti-smoking bill by a government that makes billions off tobacco sales a year.
- Realizing E-Cigarette PotentialIn order to be successful with the electronic cigarettes segment, convenience store retailers have to think about the broader tobacco category and the ...
- Parks in Grove City to go tobacco-freeThe tobacco ban includes recreation spaces and all other sites where park and recreation rules apply. It prohibits smoking or carrying of lighted ...
- CPD touts mobile ballistics lab loan, cultural awareness trainingDick Durbin examine equipment on loan to the Chicago Police Department from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- LIC defends holding in ITC, says no law prevents investments in tobacco firmsLIC was responding to a PIL filed by Tata Trusts' R. Venkataramanan and doctors of Tata Memorial Hospital that questioned PSU firms' stake in ...
- Vaping teens more likely to take up regular cigarettes"E-cigarette use among teens and young adults could increase the future burden of tobacco by creating a new generation of adult smokers who might ...
- British American Tobacco PLC (BTI) Downgraded to “Hold” at BidaskClubBritish American Tobacco PLC logo BidaskClub downgraded shares of British American Tobacco PLC (NYSEMKT:BTI) from a buy rating to a hold ...
- Oklahoma Cigarette Fee Under FireThe new tax revenues will be subject to the current rebate provisions of state-tribal compacts for tobacco sales. Typically, cigarette taxes vary by tribe ...
- Raj tops list in fining violators of tobacco actSummary: Jaipur: Rajasthan tops the list of states in the country which has fined violators of Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) in ...
- Raj tops list in fining violators of tobacco actJaipur: Rajasthan tops the list of states in the country which has fined violators of Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) in 2016-17.
- Serial tobacco smuggler who used Stansted Airport evaded nearly £24000 in dutyA woman who smuggled cigarettes and tobacco into the UK through London Stansted has been sentenced for evading £23,549 in excise duty and ...
- New River campuses going totally tobacco freeNew River Community and Technical College is going tobacco free. Beginning July 1, the use of tobacco products, including: traditional cigarettes, ...
- British American Tobacco PLC (BTI) Receives Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.05British American Tobacco PLC logo Media coverage about British American Tobacco PLC (NYSE:BTI) has trended somewhat positive on Monday, ...