Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 4, Number 1, January 2018
- Receptivity of Young Adult Hookah Users to Health Warning Labels
- Use Behaviors, Dependence, and Nicotine Exposure Associated with Ad Libitum Cigar Smoking (Open Access)
- Effects of E-cigarette Advertising Messages and Cues on Cessation Outcomes (Open Access)
- Acceptability of SPECTRUM Research Cigarettes among Participants in Trials of Reduced Nicotine Content Cigarettes
- Plasma Menthol Glucuronide as a Biomarker of Acute Menthol Inhalation
- Cigarette Design Features: Effects on Emission Levels, User Perception, and Behavior (Open Access)
- Battery Safety Information and Warnings on E-cigarette Packages and Online (Open Access)
- Characteristics of the Tobacco User Adult Cohort in Urban and Rural Ohio
- Smokers’ Attention to Point-of-Sale Antismoking Ads: An Eye-tracking Study
- Real Time Assessment of Young Adults’ Attitudes toward Tobacco Messages
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 1, January 2018 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
Can Flavors and Messaging Impact E-Cigarette Abuse Liability? Maybe says new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A paper published by investigators at Virginia Commonwealth University in Tobacco Regulatory Science explored whether the effects of flavor access and product messaging of e-cigarettes is comparable to cigarettes. In a series of controlled studies,
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- My Turn: Mike Stenhouse: Anti-tobacco fanatics, from RI to DCBetter something that is less harmful than more harmful. But to some, innovative new products that reduce health risks should be banned. In the tobacco and nicotine industry, the politically-correct anti-tobacco movement is advocating for the suppression of individual rights and elimination of less harmful ...
- Vontobel Asset Management Inc. Buys 281543 Shares of British American Tobacco PLC (BTI)British American Tobacco logo Vontobel Asset Management Inc. grew its stake in British American Tobacco PLC (NYSE:BTI) by 28.1% in the 4th quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 1,282,336 shares of the ...
- Drone Flies Drugs and Tobacco Into BC PrisonIn British Columbia's Matsqui district officials at a federal prison successfully intercepted a package being illegally piloted into the correctional facility. We've seen this same scenario several times such as when cell phones and porn were being smuggled into federal prisons via drone or an unmanned ...
- Russians turn backs on vodkaTobacco use also plummeted by more than a fifth between 2009 and 2016, down to 30 percent of Russians smoking according to the most recent Global Adult Tobacco Survey. "The annual decline [in alcohol and tobacco consumption] is really steep, especially if you look at where they've started from," ...
- Tobacco companies to run court-ordered ads telling the truth about their productsStarting Nov. 26, 2017, the major U.S. tobacco companies must run court-ordered newspaper and television advertisements that tell the American public the truth about the deadly consequences of smoking and secondhand smoke, as well as the companies' intentional design of cigarettes to make them ...
- Tobacco and Pharmacies Don't Mix: Truth Initiative Attends Annual Walgreens Shareholder ...WASHINGTON, Jan. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pharmacies are a trusted source of health information and services. Yet in 2016, more than 50,000 pharmacies still sold tobacco, including Walgreens, the nation's second largest pharmacy chain. Tobacco is the number one preventable ...
- British American Tobacco plc (LSE:BATS), Rio Tinto plc (LSE:RIO) Quant Signal & Valuation ReviewHere we will take a look into some valuation metrics for British American Tobacco p.l.c. LSE:BATS shares. Price-To-Cash-Flow-Ratio is a term that indicates the degree of cash flow valuation of the enterprise in the securities market. It is derived from the P/E – Price Earnings Ratio, in which the profit is ...
- Active Stock Evaluation: British American Tobacco plc (NYSE: BTI)British American Tobacco plc (NYSE: BTI) has grabbed attention from the analysts when it experienced a change of 2.18% in the current trading session to trade at $69.27. A total of 529,057 shares exchanged hands during the intra-day trade contrast with its average trading volume of 1.86M shares, ...
- Compelled in all things... for your own goodThe Rexburg Mayors Youth Advisory Board (which consists of students ranging in age 16-18) in accordance with the American Lung Association's national “Tobacco 21” initiative instigated this new ordinance. For purposes of this article I will not challenge the American Lung Association's findings on the ...
- Revenue Has Seized Alcohol, Medicines And Tobacco Products Valued At €200000.Revenue Has Seized Alcohol, Medicines And Tobacco Products Valued At €200,000. : 01/16/2018 - 16:52. Author: Ciara Plunkett. Revenue Customs 1.gif. Illegal alcohol, medicines and tobacco products worth almost €200,000 have been seized by Revenue officers. They were found during routine ...
- Fishers could ban vaping, chewing tobacco in parksFISHERS, Ind. -- The City of Fishers could be cracking down on vaping and chewing tobacco in its public parks. The Fishers City Council will discuss a proposed ordinance Tuesday night that would ban e-cigarettes and vaping in public parks. The changes to Fishers city codes would include e-cigarettes ...
- Noteworthy Buzzers: British American Tobacco plc (BTI), International Business Machines ...British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BTI) ended its previous trading session at $67.79 with the Loss of -0.53%. The company's market cap is $153.88 Billion, and the average volume is $1.88 Million. The 52-Week High range of the stock is $73.41, while the 52-week low range is $56.38. The Price to Sales ...
- Russians cut back on drinking, smoking as fitness trend growsAnd tobacco use also plummeted by more than a fifth between 2009 and 2016, down to 30 percent of Russians smoking according to the most recent Global Adult Tobacco Survey.? "The annual decline (in alcohol and tobacco consumption) is really steep, especially if you look at where they've started ...
- Alcohol, Medicines and Tobacco Seized In Revenue OperationsContraband alcohol, medicines and tobacco worth more than €189,000 has been seized during operations in Rosslare and Dublin. Revenue seized the material during routine operations over the past week. This included over 25,800 litres of beer, 1,980 vials of medicine, 800 pills, 25kg of tobacco and ...
- Contraband alcohol, medicines and tobacco seized in Dublin and RosslareMore than €189,000 worth of contraband alcohol, medicines and tobacco has been seized during operations in Dublin and Rosslare. Revenue officers seized the material in routine operations over the past week. This included over 25,800 litres of beer, 1,980 vials of medicine, 800 pills, 25kg of tobacco ...
- Using any alternative tobacco products makes teens more likely to smoke cigarettesTeens who use alternative forms of tobacco, such as e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco water pipes, are more likely to start smoking conventional cigarettes within a year, according to a new US study. Carried out by a team from UC San Francisco, the research is the largest study to date to look ...
- Yukon alcohol warning researchers still hopeful, after labels yanked“The research looking at the effectiveness of tobacco warning labels has shown that they are indeed effective at making people re-think their choices about smoking, increasing their intentions to cut back on smoking and even to quit smoking.” Canada's low-risk drinking guidelines suggest limiting ...
- Fishers to consider ban of vaping, chewing tobacco in city parksChewing tobacco and snuff would also be banned. Indiana's indoor smoking ban applies to most public places, including restaurants and hotel rooms, but doesn't ban vaping. The U.S. Surgeon General says the vapor clouds exhaled by people using electronic smoking devices expose young children to ...
- Opinion: The anti-science of 'sound science'A more honest name for it would be the Dishonest Act because it institutionalizes Big Tobacco's ignorance-inspiring, doubt-producing sound science standard as the law of the land. More specifically, the central part of the bill prevents EPA from developing rules, wrote Ed Yong for The Atlantic, unless all ...
- Letter: Time to raise age for tobacco sales5, The Columbian Editorial Board supported the Washington Legislature raising the tobacco age from 18 to 21 (“In Our View: Raise Vaping, Tobacco Age”). I appreciate the endorsement of this critical public health policy. Considering that roughly 95 percent of adult smokers begin smoking before they ...