Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
- The Importance of Filter Collection for Accurate Measurement of Cigarette Smoking
- International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and Cambridge Filter Test (CFT) Smoking Regimen Data Comparisons in Tobacco Product Marketing Applications
- A Novel Method for Evaluating the Acceptability of Substitutes for Cigarettes: The Experimental Tobacco Marketplace (Open Access)
- Mentoring for Success in Tobacco Regulatory Science: A Qualitative Study (Open Access)
- Nicotine and E-cigarette Beliefs and Policy Support among US Smokers and Nonsmokers
- Constituent Variations in Smokeless Tobacco Purchased in Mumbai, India
- Electronic Cigarette Use among American Indian Youth (Open Access)
- Point-of-Sale Scanner Data for Rapid Surveillance of the E-cigarette Market
- Adolescent and Young Adult Perceptions on Cigar Packaging: A Qualitative Study
- Counterfeit Electronic Cigarette Products with Mislabeled Nicotine Concentrations (Open Access)
- Parent Attitudes toward Screening for Tobacco Exposure at Well-child Visits
- Perceived Flavored Smokeless Tobacco Ease-of-use and Youth Susceptibility
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
New in Tobacco Regulatory Science, Volume 3, Number 2, April 2017, pp. 192-203(12): Drs. Kassen et al. report that implementing second-hand smoke policy in multi-family housing units can lead to reduced second-hand smoke exposure. The
An important new publication was released by the University of Victoria, and it provides a thorough analysis and very reasoned interpretation on ENDS products. Here is a link to the summary: https://www.uvic.ca/home/about/campus-news/2017+e-cigarettes-carbc-macdonald-stockwell+media-release
This study in Science provides added information on the causal pathway between tobacco exposure and cancer. It's a reminder that the mechanisms are potent and profound... http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6312/618 Mutational signatures associated with tobacco smoking in human
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- India's Delhi government tells Philip Morris to remove all adsNEW DELHI, July 22 (Reuters) - The state government in India's capital told Philip Morris International Inc and other tobacco companies on Saturday ...
- New Jersey raises age for tobacco sales to 21, joining California and HawaiiChris Christie signed a bill Friday banning the sale of tobacco products in New Jersey to anyone under the age of 21. The Garden State will become ...
- Vow 'to keep feet on the pedal' on illegal tobacco sales in South HollandVow 'to keep feet on the pedal' on illegal tobacco sales in South Holland ... sales of alcohol and the difficulties in tackling the sale of illegal tobacco.
- St. Louis Park, Minn. Approves Tobacco Age IncreaseMinnesota has its second city to approve an increase in the minimum age to purchase tobacco products, as this week the St. Louis Park City Council ...
- You Will Have to Be 21 Years Old to Buy Tobacco in 3 US StatesThe new law was signed by Gov. Chris Christie and is set to take affect on Nov. 1. The law includes the sale of all tobacco and electronic tobacco and ...
- Local reps split on hiking age to buy tobaccoAugusta — Local legislators were divided over a bill that is before the governor that would raise the age for buying tobacco products. The Maine ...
- Marcos to Farinas: Bring battle over tobacco fund back to Ilocos NorteRodolfo Fariñas, to bring back the battle over the P66-million tobacco fund to their home province instead of turning it into a national “embarrassment”.
- Isn't "Smoke-Free Future" by the tobacco industry, a shame?An investigative report published by Reuters reveals a massive, secretive campaign by tobacco giant Philip Morris International to undermine the ...
- Tobacco's soft targets: Nigeria's under aged kids getting taught to smoke in schoolFor Musa, smoking was not a matter of choice, cigarettes and other tobacco products could be found within his reach – just at the entrance to the ...
- Make it harder for teens to get tobacco productsMany people may think we don't need to really worry about kids smoking or using other tobacco products anymore because the smoking rate has ...
- World Health Organisation calls for scaling up tobacco control measuresMore people than ever before are covered by life-saving tobacco control policies, including in the South-East Asia Region, according to a new World ...
- Douglas raises tobacco purchasing age from 18 to 21The City of Douglas will be only the second city in Arizona to change the age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21. It will go into effect on August 11.
- Newport discuss tobacco-free parksThe city of Newport held a council meeting to discuss an ordinance to make certain areas of town tobacco free. Newport Mayor David Stewart said if ...
- City of St. Charles revokes tobacco license for one local businessMayor Raymond Rogina, acting as liquor control commissioner, enforced local tobacco ordinances for one local business at the July 17, 2017, ...
- FDA To Cease Work On Certain Tobacco, Advertising, Food Safety RulesFDA is stopping work on several key rules including those regulating compounding, direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertising, child-focused ...
- After Blunt Questioning, Jury Smokes Tobacco-Leaf Defendant in Trademark CaseA federal jury passed a $271,400 award to a marketer of whole tobacco leaves commonly sold in packets at gas stations and smoke shops following a ...
- Stirling researchers to lead £3.4m tobacco control project in Africa and AsiaA TEAM of researchers led by the University of Stirling has been awarded £3.4 million to reduce tobacco-related harm in low and middle income ...
- St. Charles store has its license to sell tobacco revokedA St. Charles business has had its license to sell tobacco revoked because city officials said it sold tobacco products to a minor. Mayor Raymond ...
- Governor signs law raising smoking age to 21New Jersey became the third state to raise the age for buying cigarettes and tobacco products to 21 under a law signed Friday by Gov. Chris Christie.
- Bill would raise legal age to buy tobacco productsAUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) — Another bill awaiting the Gov. LePage's signature would raise the legal age for buying tobacco products from ...