Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Submit a Letter to the Editor
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 5, Number 5, September 2019
- Beliefs among Adult Smokers and Quitters about Nicotine and De-nicotinized Cigarettes in the 2016-17 ITC New Zealand Survey (Open Access)
- Cigarette Brand Preferences of Adolescent and Adult Smokers in the United States, 2013-2014
- Sales to Minors, Corporate Brands, and Assurances of Voluntary Compliance
- Predictive Validity of Tobacco Product Advertising and Retail Availability (Open Access)
- A Peek Past the Vape Clouds: Vape Shop Decline in Long Beach, California during 2015-2018
- Perceived Argument Strength and Youth Response to Cigarette Risk Messages (Open Access)
- Reductions in Secondhand Smoke Exposure among Non-smokers Post-legislation (Open Access)
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 5, September 2019 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, July 2019 (Open Access)
- Number 3, May 2019 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, March 2019 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2019
Getting the Most from the Journal
- Access to Full Text (2015 TO DATE): The abstracts and full text of all journal articles, from 2015 (volume 1) onwards, are available online to view and download. Abstracts may be freely accessed by everyone. Articles are available for download by users and institutions with a current subscription or can be purchased individually.
- To access open access manuscripts which are free to download, tap into the Open Access Catalog tab.
- Register with our publishing partner Ingenta Connect to subscribe to new Journal alerts
- Subscribe to Tobacco Regulatory Science as an individual or institution
- Setup Journal for Individual or Institutional access
- Find out about becoming an author or reviewer
- Any Questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us
Open Access Articles
List of the most recent Open Access articles available on Tobacco Regulatory Science below. For a full list please click here.
- Reductions in Secondhand Smoke Exposure among Non-smokers Post-legislation
- Beliefs among Adult Smokers and Quitters about Nicotine and De-nicotinized Cigarettes in the 2016-17 ITC New Zealand Survey
- Predictive Validity of Tobacco Product Advertising and Retail Availability
- Perceived Argument Strength and Youth Response to Cigarette Risk Messages
- Deconstructing the False Narrative of Natural Cigarettes
- Memorability of Cigarette Advertisements Making “Natural” Claims Among Adolescents
- Restricting “Natural” and “Additive-free”: Did FDA’s Agreement with Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Change Advertising for Natural American Spirit?
- Biomarkers of Exposure and Potential Harm among Natural American Spirit Smokers
- Natural, Organic, Additive-free and Pure on Cigarette Packs in 14 Countries
- Real. Simple. Deadly. A Pilot Test of Consumer Harm Perceptions in Response to Natural American Spirit Advertising
- Health Beliefs of American Indian Imagery on Natural American Spirit Packs
- Comprehensive Chemical Characterization of Natural American Spirit Cigarettes
- The RICO Verdict and Corrective Statements: Catalysts for Policy Change?
- Harm Perceptions of Alternative Tobacco Products among US Adolescents
- Affect Predicts Small Cigar Use in a National Sample of US Young Adults
- Estimating Uptake for Reduced-nicotine Cigarettes Using Behavioral Economics
- Youth’s Perceptions of E-cigarette Advertisements with Cessation Claims
- An Economic Analysis of the Pre-Deeming US Market for Nicotine Vaping Products
- Analysis of Manufacturer’s Information on Tobacco Product Additive Use
- A Vision for Eye-tracking Research in Tobacco Regulatory Science
- Visual Attention Patterns Differ by Pictorial Health Warning Label Features
- Does Visual Attention to Graphic Warning Labels on Cigarette Packs Predict Key Outcomes among Youth and Low-income Smokers?
- Health Literacy and Attention to Cigarette Health Warning Labels among Rural Smokers
- Adults’ Visual Attention to Little Cigar and Cigarillo Package Warning Labels and Effect on Recall and Risk Perceptions
- Adolescent Attentional Bias toward Real-world Flavored E-cigarette Marketing
- Do Smokers Recall Source or Quitline on Cigarette Constituent Messages?
- Testing a Brief Web-based Intervention to Increase Recognition of Tobacco Constituents
- Beyond ‘Natural’: Cigarette Ad Tactics that Mislead about Relative Risk
- Association between Point-of-Sale Advertising Bans and Cigarette Smoking
- Identifying Disparities and Policy Needs with the STARS Surveillance Tool
- Enforcement of Smoke/Tobacco-free Policies at Public Universities in the US
- Increasing Effectiveness of Messages about Chemicals in Cigarette Smoke
- Assessing Change in Tobacco Visibility at Point-of-Sale Following a Display Ban
- Canadian Youth Smokeless Tobacco Use – Flavored Product Regulation Insights
- Effective Formats for Communicating Risks from Cigarette Smoke Chemicals
- Awareness and Use of ‘Heat-not-burn’ Tobacco Products in Great Britain
- Effect of Adding Sugar to Burley Tobacco on the Emission of Aldehydes in Mainstream Tobacco Smoke
- Assessing Smoking Cessation Messages with a Discrete Choice Experiment
- Use Behaviors, Dependence, and Nicotine Exposure Associated with Ad Libitum Cigar Smoking
- Effects of E-cigarette Advertising Messages and Cues on Cessation Outcomes
- Plasma Menthol Glucuronide as a Biomarker of Acute Menthol Inhalation
- Cigarette Design Features: Effects on Emission Levels, User Perception, and Behavior
- Battery Safety Information and Warnings on E-cigarette Packages and Online
You may wish to develop a Press Release to market your Published Research in Tobacco Regulatory Science.