Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
- Sociodemographic Disparities in Cigarette Warning Effectiveness in Lebanon
- Initial Development of an E-cigarette Purchase Task: A Mixed Methods Study
- Texas Adolescent Tobacco and Marketing Surveillance System’s Design
- Flavored Tobacco Product Use among Youth and Young Adults: What if Flavors Didn’t Exist?
- Using the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS) to Assess Product Availability, Price Promotions, and Messaging in New Hampshire Vape Shop Retailers
- The Cigarette and Smokeless Tobacco Markets in Texas Relative to the United States
- Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Smoke-free Policy in Philadelphia Public Housing
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Biomarker Levels among Smokers who Switch to Oral Nicotine
- Recall of E-cigarette Advertisements and Adolescent E-cigarette Use
- The Advertising Strategies of Early E-cigarette Brand Leaders in the United States
- Consequences of Inconsistency in Air Force Tobacco Control Policy
- Perceptions of the Food and Drug Administration as a Tobacco Regulator
Items from the April 2017 Cigar Supplement, of the Journal
- Cigar Use Symposium: Epidemiology, Toxicant Exposure, Health and Policy Implications
- Changes in the Mass-merchandise Cigar Market since the Tobacco Control Act
- Flavored Cigar Misperceptions and Uncertainty: Identifying At-risk Smokers
- Smoking Behavior and Smoke Constituents from Cigarillos and Little Cigars
- FDA Regulation of Cigars under the Final “Deeming” Rule
- Reasons for Cigarillo Initiation and Cigarillo Manipulation Methods among Adolescents
- Correlates of Cigar Use by Type and Flavor among US Young Adults: 2011-2015
- Dual Use of Cigarettes, Little Cigars, Cigarillos, and Large Cigars: Smoking Topography and Toxicant Exposure
- Compliance with a Sales Policy on Flavored Non-cigarette Tobacco Products
- The Use of Flavored Cigars to Smoke Marijuana in a Sample of US Adults Co-using Cigarettes and Marijuana
- Surveillance of Nicotine and pH in Cigarette and Cigar Filler
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
New in Tobacco Regulatory Science, Volume 3, Number 2, April 2017, pp. 192-203(12): Drs. Kassen et al. report that implementing second-hand smoke policy in multi-family housing units can lead to reduced second-hand smoke exposure. The
An important new publication was released by the University of Victoria, and it provides a thorough analysis and very reasoned interpretation on ENDS products. Here is a link to the summary: https://www.uvic.ca/home/about/campus-news/2017+e-cigarettes-carbc-macdonald-stockwell+media-release
This study in Science provides added information on the causal pathway between tobacco exposure and cancer. It's a reminder that the mechanisms are potent and profound... http://science.sciencemag.org/content/354/6312/618 Mutational signatures associated with tobacco smoking in human
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- Weapons, drugs and tobacco found on jail grounds | PHOTOSDrugs and weapons seized from a would-be visitor at Cessnock Correctional Centre. Photo courtesy Corrective Services NSW Special Operations ...
- Soulful music for a cause on World No Tobacco DayIt will be a night filled with music at Rangsharda Auditorium in Bandra on World No Tobacco Day this Wednesday as Cancer Patients Aid Association ...
- Tobacco may cause one billion deathsTalking to The Nation here, Prof Dr Abrar Ahmad Javed pointed out that the tobacco control could break the cycle of poverty, contribute to ending ...
- Nominations sought for inaugural Tariana Turia Award for tobacco controlHāpai Te Hauora and the Cancer Society have launched the award in honour of Dame Tariana Turia, who championed the tobacco control legislation ...
- Tobacco and drugs found in jail stingSEIZED: Tobacco pouches in plastic bags that were hidden behind a skip bin at Cessnock Correctional Centre. Picture: Corrective Services NSW.
- On No-Tobacco Day, Big Tobacco emerges winner; check out the lessonOn No-Tobacco Day, Big Tobacco emerges winner; check out the lesson. Seven weeks ago, the home ministry revoked the Public Health Foundation ...
- WHO's tobacco control award for Health Minister J P NaddaWHO's tobacco control award for Health Minister J P Nadda. The WHO award is given to governments or individuals who show exceptional zeal in ...
- World No Tobacco Day to be observed in DimapurCommemorating the day, the District Public Relation Office, Dimapur will also screen anti-tobacco documentaries at strategic locations (City Tower, ...
- Inaugural Tariana Turia Award for tobacco controlThis year marks the inaugural year of the Dame Tariana Turia Award for tobacco control. Hāpai Te Hauora and the Cancer Society have launched the ...
- Illegal Tobacco More Valuable Than SilverThe high cost of cigarettes looks to be having an unwanted consequence, by driving up it's black market value and increasing theft. High taxes have ...
- Tobacco kiosks near Fentonganj school to be finally lifted | Jalandhar NYOOOZJalandhar, May 29Putting an end to the ongoing tobacco trade near Mandi Fentonganj Government School, Deputy Commissioner Varinder Sharma ...
- Tobacco kiosks near Fentonganj school to be finally liftedPutting an end to the ongoing tobacco trade near Mandi Fentonganj Government School, Deputy Commissioner Varinder Sharma has directed the ...
- 'It's not a war against tobacco, but a movement towards health'Bengaluru: Reducing tobacco consumption should be the main focus in preventing cancer, and Dr U S Vishal Rao is firm on this. The chief of head ...
- Kids to illustrate smoking dangers on World No Tobacco DayThe Hellenic Society of Cardiology will be marking World No Tobacco Day Wednesday by launching a competition coordinated by the Education ...
- Tobacco retailers meet FinMin over industry concernsThe Sri Lanka Tobacco Retailers' Association met the newly appointed Finance Minister Mangala Samaraweera at the Finance Ministry last week to ...
- IDA to organise anti-tobacco rally in city todayThe main purpose behind the event is to make people aware about the ill effects of consuming various tobacco products. The organisers took a pledge ...
- Shoddy information on packets of tobacco productsAnyone comparing the packets of tobacco products in Bangladesh and some other countries may notice that the packets in Bangladesh are awfully ...
- Call to increase tax on tobaccoShe added that cash spent on tobacco means less money for necessities such as food, health care, shelter and education, while diseases from ...
- State to observe World No Tobacco DayShort speeches will be delivered by DC & chairman DLCC Kohima, Rajesh Soundararajan, IAS and Sievituo Solo, Ambassador for Tobacco Smoke ...
- Rising cigarette prices fail to reduce smoking“As tobacco retail prices increased (in the past two years under the Excise Duty Act of 2015), most smokers chose to smoke fewer cigarettes or opted ...