Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 3, Number 4, October 2017
- Effect of Flavors and Modified Risk Messages on E-cigarette Abuse Liability
- Communicating about Cigarette Smoke Constituents: A National US Survey (Open Access)
- E-cigarette Regulatory Attitudes in Groups with Low Policy Support (Open Access)
- Comparison of Measures of E-cigarette Advertising Exposure and Receptivity (Open Access)
- Reducing Tobacco Use in Assisted Living: Obstacles and Opportunities
- E-cigarettes Warning Labels and Modified Risk Statements: Tests of Messages to Reduce Recreational Use
- Little Cigars vs 3R4F Cigarette: Physical Properties and HPHC Yields
- Resident Reactions to Smoke-free Policy Implementation in Public Housing
- Personal Vehicle Secondhand Smoke Exposure for Various Ventilation Modes
- Attitudes Toward FDA Regulation of Newly Deemed Tobacco Products (Open Access)
- Internet-based Advertising Claims and Consumer Reasons for Using Electronic Cigarettes by Device Type in the US (Open Access)
- Tobacco-related Poison Events Involving Young Children in the US, 2001-2016
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 4, October 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
Can Flavors and Messaging Impact E-Cigarette Abuse Liability? Maybe says new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A paper published by investigators at Virginia Commonwealth University in Tobacco Regulatory Science explored whether the effects of flavor access and product messaging of e-cigarettes is comparable to cigarettes. In a series of controlled studies,
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- After a Long Holdout, Tobacco Companies to Issue Mea CulpasIn a matter of days, the American tobacco industry will begin publicly admitting some ugly truths about its dark history and the health effects of smoking.
- Students urge undecided senators to back proposed tobacco tax hikeThey wrote letters to undecided senators, hoping to convince them to support the move to raise the levy on so-called “sin” products, especially tobacco ...
- Masamichi Terabatake to become Japan Tobacco president next yearJapan Tobacco Inc. has tapped Masamichi Terabatake, executive vice president of Switzerland-based JT International SA, as the next leader of the ...
- See the Anti-Smoking TV Ads Big Tobacco Is Forced to RunGet ready for the most bland anti-smoking campaign you will ever see. Starting next week, tobacco companies will start spending money on TV ads ...
- Black Market Flourishes Under New York's High Tobacco TaxesALBANY, N.Y. – High tobacco taxes in New York have fueled its black market for cigarettes, according to a new national survey by the Tax Foundation, ...
- Health Promotions Department encourages tobacco-free livingDuring the Smokeout, the Health Promotions Department educated staff across the command on the dangers of tobacco use and set up informational ...
- City Council discusses increasing age for tobacco sale"It's much easier for them to become addicted to tobacco products at a younger age and they become lifelong smokers with all the health problems that ...
- Tobacco buying age could be going up in TopekaTOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT)- The legal age to buy cigarettes and tobacco products could be going up in the capital city. The Topeka City Council Chambers ...
- Ban on tobacco sale to minorsSHILLONG: In an attempt to control tobacco abuse among youngsters, East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner PS Dkhar has issued a prohibitory order ...
- Governing body hears 11 speak in favor, 1 against banning tobacco sales to adults ages 18 to 20The Topeka City Council heard comments Tuesday night regarding a proposal to ban the sale or furnishing of tobacco-related products to adults ages ...
- Big Tobacco Will Start Airing Court-Ordered Anti-Smoking Ads Next WeekAUSTIN (Nexstar) - Big Tobacco companies will begin airing anti-smoking advertisements during primetime television and in newspapers due to a ...
- Big Tobacco Will Start Airing Court-Ordered Anti-Smoking Ads Next WeekAUSTIN (Nexstar) - ig Tobacco companies will begin airing anti-smoking advertisements during primetime television and in newspapers due to a ...
- Big Tobacco being forced to run anti-smoking statements(WHTM) – Big Tobacco is being forced by the federal government to run anti-smoking statements, starting Sunday. The ads are a punishment for a ...
- Plain covers, tobacco-style warnings part of proposed regulations for legal marijuanaHealth Canada offered hints Tuesday about the government's plans for legal pot, including, plain packaging and stern, stark health warnings like those ...
- Smoke shop owner who said bongs were only for tobacco convicted of selling drug paraphernaliaThe store front of the now-closed Piper's Smoke Shop in Limerick, Montgomery County. The owner of the shop was convicted of selling drug ...
- Liberals Want Pot Products To Carry Tobacco-Style Health WarningsOTTAWA — Health Canada has released a series of proposed cannabis regulations in a consultation paper, including a call for mandatory warnings ...
- Japan Tobacco to supercharge overseas growth under new leaderTOKYO -- Japan Tobacco appointed an overseas business expert as its next president Tuesday in a move seen as reflecting the company's desire to ...
- Watch: Big tobacco's anti-smoking ads to debut on TVA federal judge ruled in 2006 that big tobacco had deceived the American public for decades about the effects of smoking, and ordered them to ...
- Watch: Big tobacco's anti-smoking ads to debut on TV(AP/Meredith) – Nearly 50 years after tobacco companies were banned from the airwaves, they'll be back in primetime. But not by choice. "Smoking ...
- Proposed regulations would call for tobacco-style warnings for marijuanaHealth Canada has released a series of proposed cannabis regulations in a consultation paper, including a call for mandatory warnings similar to ...