Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 3, Number 4, October 2017
- Effect of Flavors and Modified Risk Messages on E-cigarette Abuse Liability
- Communicating about Cigarette Smoke Constituents: A National US Survey (Open Access)
- E-cigarette Regulatory Attitudes in Groups with Low Policy Support (Open Access)
- Comparison of Measures of E-cigarette Advertising Exposure and Receptivity (Open Access)
- Reducing Tobacco Use in Assisted Living: Obstacles and Opportunities
- E-cigarettes Warning Labels and Modified Risk Statements: Tests of Messages to Reduce Recreational Use
- Little Cigars vs 3R4F Cigarette: Physical Properties and HPHC Yields
- Resident Reactions to Smoke-free Policy Implementation in Public Housing
- Personal Vehicle Secondhand Smoke Exposure for Various Ventilation Modes
- Attitudes Toward FDA Regulation of Newly Deemed Tobacco Products (Open Access)
- Internet-based Advertising Claims and Consumer Reasons for Using Electronic Cigarettes by Device Type in the US (Open Access)
- Tobacco-related Poison Events Involving Young Children in the US, 2001-2016
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 4, October 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
Can Flavors and Messaging Impact E-Cigarette Abuse Liability? Maybe says new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A paper published by investigators at Virginia Commonwealth University in Tobacco Regulatory Science explored whether the effects of flavor access and product messaging of e-cigarettes is comparable to cigarettes. In a series of controlled studies,
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- Double-murderer wins court order forcing Missouri prisons to ban smokingThe judgment also prohibits the sale and procession of tobacco products, except for “authorized religious purposes.” It applies “inside correctional ...
- Is now the right time to buy these turnaround stocks? Next plc, AstraZeneca plc, Standard ...L), Standard Chartered PLC (LON:STAN) (STAN.L) and British American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) (BATS.L) have all come under pressure at one time ...
- British American Tobacco plc - Receive News & Ratings DailyBritish American Tobacco plc (LON:BATS) had its price objective cut by ... British American Tobacco plc has a one year low of GBX 4,237.00 and a one ...
- ASUN works toward conclusion on smoking banHe said the education given to him and many others is most likely why the students on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln voted to have a tobacco-free ...
- Erica Smith: Kick It, Kentucky! encourages tobacco users to quit for good; health benefits followAs a mother-to-be and an advocate for cancer patients across the Commonwealth, I can say with certainty that quitting tobacco is one of the most ...
- British American Tobacco plc (LSE:BATS) Price to Cash in FocusThe Price to Cash Flow for British American Tobacco p.l.c. (LSE:BATS) is 20.042304. The price to cash flow formula is a useful tool investors can use ...
- Letter: The targets of menthol cigarettesI recently testified in support of a proposal to restrict menthol tobacco sales to adult-only stores in Minneapolis. St. Paul is now considering a similar ...
- Life isn't so bad in MinotBut can one argue that it was not good news when a recent tobacco sales compliance check was passed by all 34 retailers checked? That is 100 ...
- Decision on tobaccoIts attempt to make tobacco completely inaccessible, however, is not. A complete ban would negatively impact government tax revenue and the ...
- Let consumers decide on EVsChina is jumping on the bandwagon by not only encouraging electric vehicles but by saying that at some point, cars running on gasoline or diesel fuel ...
- The smoke-free policy continues to be met with mixed reviewsThe USF Tampa Tobacco- and Smoke-Free Policy began on Jan. 4, 2016. It prohibits the use of tobacco and related products on campus.
- Speak up Delhi: Ban on public smoking and drinking only on paperFurther, in an order, the Supreme Court had stated: “Tobacco is universally regarded as one of the major public health hazards and is responsible, ...
- Officer goes to aid of forsaken cancer patientA heavy user of tobacco products, Senthil was diagnosed with oral cancer a year ago. But he would not stay in a hospital for more than two days and ...
- RR Patil's daughter launches fight against tobacco“It is painful to see many youngsters getting hooked to chewing tobacco," Patil, 24, told Mumbai Mirror. Patil, who actively campaigns in Sangli district, ...
- Quant Signal & Data Review For British American Tobacco plc (LSE:BATS) SharesThe Return on Assets for British American Tobacco p.l.c. (LSE:BATS) is 0.116946. This number is calculated by dividing net income after tax by the ...
- Ingredion Incorporated Risk Points versus Consumer StaplesWe start by noting that INGR is in the food, beverage and tobacco sector which means along with some other industries we also compare the company ...
- Quitting coal: a health benefit equivalent to quitting tobacco, alcohol and fast-food'Strategies focused on greenhouse gas mitigation could save an estimated 1 to 4 million lives annually by mid-century from improved air quality.
- In San Antonio, legality of tobacco use might climb to age 21He occasionally lowered his head slightly to inhale from a pipe that rested on his chest and slowly released a fog of tobacco smoke through his mouth ...
- Hikurangi dairy burgled - tobacco takenDetective Sergeant Dave Wilkinson said and unknown quantity of tobacco and cash, and possibly other goods, were taken during the burglary.
- In San Antonio, legality of tobacco use might climb to age 21A bright red light flashed “open” outside the screen door leading to Hookah Harem — a lounge nestled next to an insurance agency and an African ...