Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 3, Number 4, October 2017
- Effect of Flavors and Modified Risk Messages on E-cigarette Abuse Liability
- Communicating about Cigarette Smoke Constituents: A National US Survey (Open Access)
- E-cigarette Regulatory Attitudes in Groups with Low Policy Support (Open Access)
- Comparison of Measures of E-cigarette Advertising Exposure and Receptivity (Open Access)
- Reducing Tobacco Use in Assisted Living: Obstacles and Opportunities
- E-cigarettes Warning Labels and Modified Risk Statements: Tests of Messages to Reduce Recreational Use
- Little Cigars vs 3R4F Cigarette: Physical Properties and HPHC Yields
- Resident Reactions to Smoke-free Policy Implementation in Public Housing
- Personal Vehicle Secondhand Smoke Exposure for Various Ventilation Modes
- Attitudes Toward FDA Regulation of Newly Deemed Tobacco Products (Open Access)
- Internet-based Advertising Claims and Consumer Reasons for Using Electronic Cigarettes by Device Type in the US (Open Access)
- Tobacco-related Poison Events Involving Young Children in the US, 2001-2016
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 4, October 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
Can Flavors and Messaging Impact E-Cigarette Abuse Liability? Maybe says new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A paper published by investigators at Virginia Commonwealth University in Tobacco Regulatory Science explored whether the effects of flavor access and product messaging of e-cigarettes is comparable to cigarettes. In a series of controlled studies,
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- Tobacco boss replaces scandal-hit director at RentokilRentokil has announced a replacement for Chris Geoghegan, the non-executive director who resigned on Monday after getting caught up in a scandal ...
- St. Cloud Considering Raising the Age to Buy Tobacco to 21CLOUD – St. Cloud could be the next city to raise the minimum age to buy tobacco products to 21. During Monday night's meeting the city council will ...
- Bill to Achieve Federal Tobacco Tax Equity Introduced in SenateA bill has been introduced in the U.S. Senate that seeks to achieve tax parity among all tobacco products, which would mean an increase in the tax ...
- Dozens of alcohol-flavored tobacco products may lure teens(Reuters Health) - Nearly 50 alcohol-flavored tobacco product lines are marketed by more than 400 tobacco brands in the United States and these ...
- Tall TobaccoBuddy and Wendy Henderson raised these two tobacco plants in their back yard in Maysville. They found the plants along U.S. 68 in the May's Lick ...
- Farmworkers' union launches boycott of Reynolds' e-cigaretteThe boycott is the latest development in FLOC's decade-long effort to push Reynolds to guarantee the rights of workers at tobacco farms within its ...
- An Opportunity in the Tobacco Industry: 22nd Century GroupThe speech detailed the current landscape of tobacco use in the U.S. and, specifically, outlined a number of areas of said landscape within which ...
- Regulator approves higher tobacco pricesNew prices for Virginia, burley and native tobacco have been approved by the National Tobacco Administration (NTA) for the next two trading years.
- Texas colleges, universities get grants for tobacco-free policiesPrairie View A&M University, Alvin Community College and three other Texas colleges and universities will receive grants from the CVS Health ...
- Tobacco Bay Beach Bar & Café Remains OpenTobacco Bay's Beach Bar & Cafe concession remains open for service while the ocean bay is temporarily closed to swimmers, the concession holder ...
- Lake County first in Illinois to enact Tobacco 21 lawYounger Lake County tobacco users may have a tougher time getting their fix after Jan. 1, 2018. Lake County, which encompasses Lake Forest and ...
- Are E-Cigs Bad For Your Heart?Middlekauff studied 33 healthy people who were not current tobacco or e-cigarette smokers and asked them to come to the lab on three different days.
- Vaping and tobacco companies back government's Stoptober campaignIt follows the publication of a Tobacco Control Plan earlier this year, in which public health minister Steve Brine backed the deregulation of vaping after ...
- Certified-organic cigarettes? Tobacco is big organic business in VirginiaIn this Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014, photo, a farm worker carries a load of picked tobacco leaves at Chris Haskins' farm in Chatham, Virginia.
- NTA hikes floor prices of tobacco for next 2 yearsNTA said the adjustment of prices for Virginia, Burley and Native tobacco types were approved after almost two weeks of negotiations on the rate ...
- Group dedicated to making stevia a viable Southeast cash cropMoreover, the Golden Leaf Fund, Tobacco Trust Fund and the North Carolina Biotechnology Center have all committed support to expanding stevia ...
- Government to hike tobacco floor pricesThe National Tobacco Administration (NTA) will increase by P1 to P3 the floor prices of tobacco for trading years 2018-2019, after farmers and the ...
- CVS Health Foundation, American Cancer Society and Truth Initiative team up to reduce smoking ...In addition to the new grants, $1.2 million in grants has been awarded to 126 schools that are working toward a tobacco-free campus policy, CVS said.
- Magnum Elite Legend: Imperial Tobacco launches third Davidoff duty free-exclusive editionImperial Tobacco has unveiled the third edition in its duty free-exclusive Davidoff Magnum Elite series, Magnum Elite Legend. The limited-edition ...
- E-cigarettes less harmful than smoking tobacco, health experts say“Although most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is addictive, vaping carries less risk than smoking tobacco. Thus, it would be a good thing if ...