Philosophy, Objectives, and Scope of the Journal
Tobacco Regulatory Science (TRS) (Tob Regul Sci, Electronic ISSN 2333-9748) is a rigorously peer-reviewed online scientific journal for the dissemination of research relevant to the regulation of tobacco products.
The journal content includes a broad array of research domains, including chemistry, biology, behavior, community, and population-level surveillance and epidemiology, as well as knowledge syntheses (eg, meta-analyses or state-of-the-art reviews) and analytic modeling.
Join the community Forum to comment on an article, network with colleagues, discuss the latest research issues regarding tobacco regulation or identify potential collaborators. You can even create your own Forum.
Join our free Forum now
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
- The Importance of Filter Collection for Accurate Measurement of Cigarette Smoking
- International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and Cambridge Filter Test (CFT) Smoking Regimen Data Comparisons in Tobacco Product Marketing Applications
- A Novel Method for Evaluating the Acceptability of Substitutes for Cigarettes: The Experimental Tobacco Marketplace (Open Access)
- Mentoring for Success in Tobacco Regulatory Science: A Qualitative Study (Open Access)
- Nicotine and E-cigarette Beliefs and Policy Support among US Smokers and Nonsmokers
- Constituent Variations in Smokeless Tobacco Purchased in Mumbai, India
- Electronic Cigarette Use among American Indian Youth (Open Access)
- Point-of-Sale Scanner Data for Rapid Surveillance of the E-cigarette Market
- Adolescent and Young Adult Perceptions on Cigar Packaging: A Qualitative Study
- Counterfeit Electronic Cigarette Products with Mislabeled Nicotine Concentrations (Open Access)
- Parent Attitudes toward Screening for Tobacco Exposure at Well-child Visits
- Perceived Flavored Smokeless Tobacco Ease-of-use and Youth Susceptibility
Following are a list of editions of the Journal
- Number 3, July 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Supplement 1, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2017 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, October 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Behavioral Laboratory Methods
- Number 3, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 2, April 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Latest Blog Items
The latest blog items, please click on the title to view the whole article. Go to our blog here.
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/trsg/trs/2017/00000003/00000003/art00007 45% of American Indian high school students tried e-cigarettes. One third of e-cigarette users had never smoked. Dr. Rhoades and team found that e-cigarette use by American Indian youth is influenced by being in
Tobacco Regulatory Science Associate Editor Mollie Miller named FDA Tobacco Regulatory Science Fellow
40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana, new study in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A study recently published in Tobacco Regulatory Science found that 40% of high school cigarillo users in Connecticut combine it with marijuana to create a 'blunt', and the primary reasons high school students there used cigarillos
Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half of the cigar market. New report in Tobacco Regulatory Science journal
Delnevo et al. analyzed cigar sales data in US convenience stores during 2008-2015 were purchased from Nielsen's Convenience Track system. Sales of flavored cigars increased by nearly 50% since 2008 and now make up over half
NYC policy restricting sales of flavored non-cigarette tobacco products decreased cigar sales: new in Tobacco Regulatory Science
A new study published in Tobacco Regulatory Science (https://tobreg.org) has implications for regulation of flavored cigars. Scientists at Research Triangle Institute studied the impact of a New York City policy that restricted sales of flavored non-cigarette
The new TCORS 2.0 and CASEL RFAs have just been published. Below is information about the new RFAs and upcoming webinars. The TRSP Web Team is still in the process of making the webinar landing
A recent paper published in Tobacco Regulatory Science demonstrated the results of a new type of survey, the Vape Shop Standardized Tobacco Assessment for Retail Settings (V-STARS). This survey was used in New Hampshire vape shop
The April-June issue of Tobacco Regulatory Science has now been published (https://tobreg.org). Topics in this issue include research on flavored tobacco use among youth, analysis of a vape shop assessment instrument, recall of e-cigarette advertising
New in Tobacco Regulatory Science, Volume 3, Number 2, April 2017, pp. 192-203(12): Drs. Kassen et al. report that implementing second-hand smoke policy in multi-family housing units can lead to reduced second-hand smoke exposure. The
Tobacco Regulatory Science on PubMed
Recommended article searches from PubMed. To subscribe to the any of the RSS feeds a) right click on the icon, b) “copy link location” on the PC or “copy link address” on a Mac then c) copy link into your favorite news reader (such as Feedly or NewsBlur). Alternatively create your own feed at PubMed; a) perform the search then b) Create RSS.
Tobacco In The News
News articles on the subject of Tobacco sourced by Google News.
- Tobacco And Gunpowder Make This Egyptian Artist's PortraitsThis art is going up in smoke, but don't worry: that's a good thing! An Egyptian artist is creating portraits with gunpowder and tobacco to make a ...
- UPDATE: CVS to keep some Fagen jobs, phase out tobacco salesCVS plans to phase out sales of cigarettes, cigars and chewing tobacco at the former Fagen pharmacies after it ended the sale of tobacco products in ...
- SFA's Tobacco-Free Policy Remains In EffectThis month, SFA will mark its one- year anniversary as a tobacco- and vape-free campus. The use of all tobacco and vape products (including ...
- It's possible to quit tobaccoThey gathered for conveying a message that it is possible for people to be free from addiction to tobacco if they are mentally prepared to say goodbye ...
- Radford man denies possessing illicit tobaccoRadford man denies possessing illicit tobacco ... pleaded not guilty to three charges, all relating to being in possession of cigarettes and tobacco.
- Cigarettes reportedly stolen from Tobacco PatchCigarettes were allegedly stolen just before 4:30 a.m. Wednesday from the Tobacco Patch on Fort Campbell Boulevard, according to a Hopkinsville ...
- Zimbabwe tobacco sales, earnings fall amid dollar crunchHARARE, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Zimbabwe's earnings from sales of tobacco, a major foreign currency earner, fell 7.35 percent to a below target $551 ...
- Polio vaccine developed using tobacco plants could transform how vaccines are madeThe new genes were then placed in soil bacteria, which infiltrated tobacco plants. The host plant read the new instructions and made large quantities ...
- FollyUnless government pushes things to absurd lengths and criminalizes tobacco use, smokers should be a tolerated lot. Otherwise, the country's tobacco ...
- Doncaster man sentenced over illegal tobaccoThe tobacco was packaged in cardboard boxes addressed to an industrial estate in Derby, with false documents attached stating the contents were ...
- Raising tobacco purchase age is about health, not military enlistment or votingEarlier this month, lawmakers overrode a veto from Gov. Paul LePage to raise the legal age for buying tobacco products in Maine to 21.
- Essex Co. weighs request to raise tobacco-purchase ageELIZABETHTOWN — Some in Essex County say a push to raise the age to legally buy cigarettes and tobacco products could harm business owners.
- Vaping in Asia Could Save Big TobaccoHow fast that happens matters immensely to Big Tobacco. Asia is the world's biggest tobacco market, and last stand. At least two in five men in the ...
- Vaping ads flout EU rules, even if to promote healthier lifestylesAfter intense lobbying from the pharmaceutical industry, the EU's Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 (TRPR) monitored less harmful ...
- 'It's such a drag!' Jennifer Aniston admits she avoids social media as she compares its influence to ...'I equate it to the tobacco industry; it's hard enough being a kid growing up and becoming who you are and finding yourself but now you have social ...
- With sales of e-cigarettes slowing down, tobacco companies are looking for their next hitAfter an initial boom in popularity, sales of electronic cigarettes are slowing down. They went from growing 130% in 2014 to only 21% in 2016.
- FDA Proposal Puts Spotlight on Big Tobacco and Industry InnovatorsThe black cloud over Big Tobacco has been swirling for decades, but few developments have cast a bigger shadow than the U.S. Food and Drug ...
- Fate Of San Francisco's Ban On Flavored Tobacco Products Is Now Up To VotersThe tobacco ordinance would prohibit the sale of menthol cigarettes and other flavored tobacco, including hookah tobacco and small cigars, as well as ...
- ETMarkets After Hours: Tata Steel stands tall; tobacco stocks light upNEW DELHI: After last week's carnage, the bulls seemed to have come out of the slumber on Dalal Street as the domestic equity market ended in the ...
- Doncaster retiree caught with smuggled tobacco worth £233000 in unpaid taxA retired Doncaster man caught with smuggled tobacco which would have seen him pay £233,000 in tax has been given a suspended sentence.